1. We admitted we were powerless over nothing –
that we could manage our lives perfectly and
those of anyone who would allow us.
2. We came to believe that there was no power
greater than ourselves and the rest of the world
3. We made a decision to have our loved ones turn
their wills and their lives over to our care even though
they couldn’t understand us at all.
4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory
of everyone we knew.
5. We admitted to the whole world the exact nature
of everyone else’s wrongs.
6. We were entirely ready to make others give us the
respect we deserved.
7. We demanded others do our will because we were
8. We made a list of all persons who had harmed us and
became willing to go to any lengths to get even with them all.
9. We got direct revenge on such people wherever
possible, except when to do so would cost us our lives
or at the very least a jail sentence.
10. Continued to take inventory of others and when they
were wrong promptly and repeatedly told them about it.
11. Sought through complaining and medication to improve
our relations with others, as we would not understand
them at all, asking only that they do things our way.
12. Having had a complete physical, emotional and spiritual
breakdown as a result of these steps, we tried to blame
others and to get sympathy and pity in all our affairs.